The Recipe For Making Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble.
You can make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble using 21 ingredients in 11 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble
- Fill of Soup:.
- Fill 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Fill 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Insert 2 of honeycrisp apples.
- Insert of kosher salt and pepper.
- Insert 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Insert 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of cubed butternut squash. Option to cut the bases off of them, and scoop out the seeds and save to use as serving bowls (Refer to Roasted Acorn Squash recipe for roasting directions).
- Fill 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, more or less to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Fill 1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, depending on your taste.
- Insert 2 Tbs of + 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves.
- Fill 2 Tbs of salted butter.
- Add 1 Tbs of honey.
- Mix of Pecan Crumble:.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of raw pecans, roughly chopped.
- Mix 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- Insert 2 Tbs of all-purpose flour.
- Mix 2 Tbs of real maple syrup.
- Add 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Add 4 Tbs of salted butter, at room temperature.
Quick Step To Make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and 1 chopped apple. Cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the broth until smooth. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the stove. Let cool slightly and then puree in a blender or use an immersion blender..
- Return the soup to the stove and set over low heat. Stir in the milk and cheese until melted and creamy. Add the thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired..
- To make the honey butter apples. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced apple and cook until it just begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the honey and 2 teaspoons thyme. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat..
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon the apples over top. Option to serve in roasted butternut squash bottoms..
- Finish with a sprinkle of pecan crumble. Enjoy!.
- Pecan Crumble:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the mix until everything is moist..
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers..
That's how to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble Recipe.